1) Amaravathi Dam : at Amaravathinagar, 25 km south on NH 17 from Udumalpet is located in Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary in Tiruppur district. The 9.31 km˛, 33.53 m deep, Amaravathi Reservoir was created by this steep dam. It was built primarily for irrigation and flood control and now also has 4 megawatts of electric generating capacity installed. It is notable for the significant population of Mugger Crocodiles living in its reservoir and catchment basin.There is a well laid-out park where one may climb steep steps on the dam to have a picturesque view north of the plains below and south to the Anaimalai Hills and Palni Hills above. This place is being developed as a District Excursion Centre for tourism. Click Here to Amaravathi Dam Photo Gallery
2) Thirumoorthy Dam : It is a nice place for a one-day outing from Tiruppur. It has boating, a nice place to have your lunch and the drive there is ultimate. From Tiruppur, you can either go to Udumalpet or go from there to the more interior and scenic route that goes through the villages. The drive is simply great with the whole route surrounded by sunflower gardens, coconut groves, and paddy fields. This Reservoir has been constructed across the River Palar which has its origins at the northern slopes of Anamalai Hills. Click Here to Thirumoorthy Dam Photo Gallery
3) Upparu Dam: situated in Dharapuram Taluk in an extent of 445.3 Acres. It is an earthen dam constructed across upper river in cauvery basin in Dhasarpatti of an earthen portion of 7400 feet (2256 m) length with a masonry portion of 118 feet long to accommodate the surplus regulater consisting of 3 spars fitted with lift gats. The gross capacity of reservoir at F.R.L. is 572 Mcft. Re total annual useful storage for 2 ˝ filling would be 1330 Mdft. There are two canal sluice provided one on each flank of the drainage course from which the two canals take off. The right flank canal runs for length of 12.47 km and the left flank canal for a length of 17.29 km. The total ayacut localized uner this scheme around 6060 acre (2448.150 hectare)
4) Nallathangal Dam: The dam was constructed of across the Nallathangal odai near Eswaran Kovil of Ponnivadi Village, Dharapuram Taluk in the year 2007. It is 15 Km away from Dharapuram town. Total length of dam is 3450 meter of which 3300 meter is earthen dam to store the water and 150 meter is masonry structure for drain the excess water. The total water spread area of the dam is 17.74 square Mile with storage (Capacity of 223.01 Million cubic feet (MCFT). There are two sluice in the dam for connecting high level and low level canals for irrigation purpose.
5) Vattamalaikarai Odai Dam: It is in Kangayam Taluk in an extent of 205.9 Acres.